In order to accomplish anything in life or business one must foster commitment. According to Bolt (2004) in his book Pursuing human strengths, he writes that research suggest the following tips to help foster commmitment:
(1) Find meaning; people who have found the meaning for their existence are more likely to have long term importance and feelings of significance
(2) Transform a should to a want; Transforming a should into a want will help you achieve your goals and find success.
(3) Choose and enact commitment; commitment is a matter of choice. Strengthen your commitment to your dream and stay focused on the vision.
(4) Go public; by sharing your commitment with business partners and family members you are more likely to achieve your goals.
(5) Set priorities; take control over how you spend your time by setting priorities, time is your most precious asset.
(6) Review commitment; don’t be afraid to review your commitments from time to time to ensure that they are in line with your over all goal.
(7). Maintain hope; above all maintain hope, do not lose sight of why you started on the journey in the first place.
These tips to fostering commitment can help one learn personal initiative and will help to create balance in one’s life.
Bolt, M. 2004. Pursuing Human Strength. New York. Worth Publishers